Nothing else to do?

chilifrei64

How does one get promoted in this Army.  How does one earn a star? :whistle:

By posting USEFUL questions and answers to questions.

However, if you've read the rules, we do not encourage the raising of post counts. If you have something useful to ask or say, then do so, if not, then don't ask or say anything! ;)

:) yes this msfn addiction is something .but ived gotten more education here in 6 months then any wannabee techie friend could offer.so i salute the brave men and women here who devote their time to the betterment of oses and the tweaks fixes service pack etc.keep on rockin in the free world.

How does one become a General in this Army? 

What does it take to earn 1 star?

What does it take to earn 2 stars?

etc.? :P

Well, reposting a question that has already been answered is a poor place to start.

As gamehead already explained, the stars are linked to the number of posts a member has contributed. As he also already pointed out, we do not encourage mindless posting for the sole purpose of raising one's post-count.

(Hooray, one more post for me :P)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess from some of the posts, that most of yous guys are much younger than I am.

I've worked other internet forums and help rooms for the past several years, but yes, I'm new to this one.

Officially, I'm retiring, but practically I'm still fixing computers like I have for the past 25 years. I had a very agressive Comodore 64 business in the early 80's. Then I got into fixing PC's,,,,the old IBM XT and AT's. Way back then, we had bulletin boards where peeps could post messages, comments and problems. It was fun, even then, to try to help someone with a problem.

Well, that's the only reason I'm here. To help. One of these days I'll die and my brain will turn all green and mushy and 40 some odd years of experience as an electronics/computer tech will be Gone forever. If I can pass along some of what I've learned before that happens.....well that's a good thing. Right?

Without a degree, no institute of higher learning will hire me as an instructor, so here I am.......helping out wherever I can, for FREE.

Remember, the only dumb question is the one you thought too dumb to ask. So, when you're unsure, confused or just plain ignorant of something......ASK! There's always someone, somewhere who has the answer.

And, this is as good a place to start as any.

Cheers,

Andromeda43

Well, that's the only reason I'm here. To help.  One of these days I'll die and my brain will turn all green and mushy and 40 some odd years of experience as an electronics/computer tech will be Gone forever.  If I can pass along some of what I've learned before that happens.....well that's a good thing.  Right?

I agree with that - same reason that me and many others are here. :yes:

I guess from some of the posts, that most of yous guys are much younger than I am.
Yep, after reading your post, I'd say it's a safe bet that I, at least, am much younger than you.
I had a very agressive Comodore 64 business in the early 80's.
I also had a very aggressive business in the early 80's. We called it grade school. :D
One of these days I'll die and my brain will turn all green and mushy and 40 some odd years of experience as an electronics/computer tech will be Gone forever.  If I can pass along some of what I've learned before that happens.....well that's a good thing.  Right?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is still considered bad form to ask "When you die, can I have your brain?" right?
Without a degree, no institute of higher learning will hire me as an instructor, so here I am.......helping out wherever I can, for FREE.
Geez. At a bargain-basement price like that, even I can afford your fees!

In all seriousness though, welcome to the community. I'm sure your wisdom and experience will be an asset to us all. And I for one am not (quite) too proud to admit that sometimes I can use all the help I can get. :hello:

Edit: Oh, and I love that signature line! :lol:

Edited by Cartoonite

Gee,,,,,and I thought no one cared. :no:

Nice to be here guys and dolls. Looks like a great bunch of folks and also a great forum.

Yes, I'm definitely an old f__t, but still young at heart. :lol:

I'll be glad to put my 40+ years of experience to work helping anyone I can.

Y'all have a really great day now,

Andromeda43