SMS Error

Im having difficulties installing SMS on my clients. i run smsman.exe in the folder:

\\Server\c$\SMS\bin\i386\00000409\

and get the error:

the wizard was unable to locate a systems management server. Enter the name of a specific installation location

anyone know why or what im doing wrong?

Thanks

i tried logging is as a normal user (non adminsitartor) and i had an error (only admins can install)

i tried browsing to the msi file found in \\server\sms\client........ directory that installed but not any remote components as when i clicked the sutton it said "remote components not installed"

any other ideas?

Thx

Sorry yet another update -

I worked out how to remove SMS from client PCs (use SMS Toolkit 2 then run ccmclean) i then used the client.msi file which was a advanced client utility (\\Server\C$\SMS\Client\i386) and that installed without any problems. and tested to see if it connected to the site (and eventually it did)

Now the new problme here is when i clicked remote control (in control panel) then show status it says:

"Cannot display current remote control status. The remote control agent service is not started"

looked at MS KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883983

did what it asked and still have the same problem (only performed the actions on the server)

anyone else got any other ideas?

thx

I did some lab testing before for SMS 2003. I not sure if it is the same with SMS 2.0 but you could only do remote control from the SMS Server and not from the client end.

I would just like to ask, when you clicked on the "Remote Control" icon on the control panel, did it open a options dialogue box where you could change the settings of your remote?

I would just like to ask, when you clicked on the "Remote Control" icon on the control panel, did it open a options dialogue box where you could change the settings of your remote?

It did open up the remote control panel i dont think i had any options to change the settings but i could view them. I found the problem to be not having BITS installed on the server as soon as that was installed i repaired the installation (using systems management in control panel on a client) and that resolved it.