Usb Falsh Memory problem

Hi,

I've a JetFlash 128MB Usb Falsh Memory.

Since this morning I can't access to it although its led is ON and Windows Exlorer detect it as "Removable Disk (H:)". When i click on it, i get "Please insert a disk into drive H:" message.

Is there any how to make it working or at least to recover the data in it???

Regards

coucou

You may be able to try a program called BadCopy Pro from HERE and see if it can recover the data, if not try to format the Flash Memory Stick. If it is happening on several computers, more than likely the fat table got messed up.

EDIT: I usually keep a copy of everything that is on my Memory Stick, because if static or something cause it to be unreadable, I can just format it and recopy the stuff back onto it.

Edited by firefoxthebomb

I'll try badcopy later.

Regarding Format, i right click on the flash memory (Widows Explorer) and select "Format" then [start], after few seconds i got "Windows can't execute format" message.

Is there a special format utility for a flash memory???

Regards

coucou

Maybe you will need some recovering software from the manufacturer. If you have a CD that you should have from the package where the flash memory was try searching there.

Then it should guide you to "Recover format". I think there is no "for all" recovery software, cause this there are so many usb flash disks.

@tester_pedro: You're right. I just tried Badcopy, it doesn't detect the Flash memory.

If you have a CD that you should have from the package where the flash memory was try searching there.
I haven't it.

coucou

I found the manufaturer (Transcend) and downloaded the recovery tool, tested it... I got "Not support this chip!" message.

I sent an email to the manufacturer tech support.

My Usb Flash drive is: TS128MJF2B or L.

TNX

coucou

I found the manufaturer (Transcend) and downloaded the recovery tool, tested it... I got "Not support this chip!" message.

I sent an email to the manufacturer tech support.

My Usb Flash drive is: TS128MJF2B or L.

TNX

coucou

soooo... as I googled I found out that it should have some recovery function that returns the stick to its initial status... but how to activate it I didn't found out :(

but I will look for it after I come home from work.

bye for now... its "working time" :(

TNX for yr help effort.

As i wrote above, I've allready used the recovery tools as yr given links without success.

Regards

coucou

oh sorry :blushing: my mistake

did the recovery tool give some error message?

and what about the U-Storage software? is there some function that could have (have you tried to install it?)

I thought that I could help but.... :(

maybe the transcend forum members could... try to find help there.

Edited by tester_pedro