.cmd

I need help on putting together a windows xp cd, I need a ,cmd to execute @ t-12 and another to execute @ runonceex. I know someone is going to suggest looking at the forum to get info. But for me if I had templates to use as a guide till I got comforfable with iy would be better.

Do I need some text file also?

OK, I'm gonna say it....

This forum is a wealth of information. Take a look around. Nlite and other options will allow you to reduce size. Also, take a look at the unattended guide. I have worked with batch/command files for 3 years now... it took me about a year to learn it all and really utilize it to it's fullest extent. As much as I like command scripts, I have started using AutoIT for my scripting needs. Anyways, whatever you choose, take a look around.

Thanks

At the risk of sounding uninformed I like many have searched the forum for a way to do this. I am trying to learn this but the tutorals are way beyond my learning curve. Is anyone working on a program to totally automate this process? Where you can plug in what you want to run, then tell it when you want it to run T-12, reuonceex etc. A program such as this would be way cool and give the mass populace a way to experiment and learn the unknown.

Anyone working on such a program? Please.

There are several out there that accomplish this, nLite, XPcreate, WPI and my UnattendXP

They all do a lot of the things you describe. Way back when I started here there was nothing but scripts to do this but I think we're in the 20th century and not 3.1 day's. Its come a long way since then with the addition of all the app's above and I'm sure I'm missing something.

Just look around.