MS Gator

BizTalk

Microsoft bought Claria, an adware/spyware maker formerly called Gator, and remembered for its pop-up ads and software that tracks people visiting Web sites.

Gator adware/spyware has frequently been denounced by privacy advocates for its intrusiveness.

The offer price is $500 million, but the PR damage will be 10X that!

How stupid is this?

Edited by BizTalk

This is a "You didnt hear this from me." sort of deal, but dont be suprised to find out that there will be porsts that shouldn't be open when SP3 ships out, of course us smart people will keep an eye on our own comps and there activities, but there is gonna be an ever increse in data theft (, and like i said before it will be due to ports that will be left open and holes in the OS that *couldnt be fixed*. What else to expect though form a compainy such as M$. XP is a great tool, but when left to the money hungry corperate minds at M$ its only a matter of time before a standard of ad-aware and spyware is installed on ones machine by defualt increases to a absine level.

Ohwell it gives us a chance work on a master project (Windows UA) and leaves us with a state mind that we did something positive and that we have learned something new.

its just a shame that the same level of intavation that is put in to Windows couldnt be put into a OS designed for all with a functionality match the best out there, but that is a dead fable, as corps like M$, Intell, and computer Mft such as Dell and HP will never let it happen (they have to much to lo$$).

Thuos i turn with a trea in my eye and wounder, what would it be like if it were different?