reg file help needed

recently did an unattended, work was all done on and xp/sp2 system. Wanted to use same cd to install games onto a system the run win 98se but i find i am getting import errors. is this due to the creation of the reg file on xp and then trying to use them for a win98se system and getting incompatability error.

Is there a solution to this problem.

recently did an unattended, work was all done on and xp/sp2 system.  Wanted to use same cd to install games onto a system the run win 98se but i find i am getting import errors. is this due to the creation of the reg file on xp and then trying to use them for a win98se system and getting incompatability error.

Is there a solution to this problem.

You need to have XP export the keys as RegEdit4 format. When you save, you can see a dropdown box. Use it to select RegEdit4 format. As 98 does not like unicode RegEdit5 format.

I tried what you sugessted:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ReflexiveArcade\269]
"DownloadID"=hex:d4,cf,89,01,00,00,00,00
"ChannelID"=dword:0000111d
"ChannelName"="Reflexive.net"
"Progress"=dword:ce878f5a
"RegistrationCode"="xxxxx-xxxx-0000-0000-0000-xxxx-xx"

to this:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ReflexiveArcade\269]
"DownloadID"=hex:d4,cf,89,01,00,00,00,00
"ChannelID"=dword:0000111d
"ChannelName"="Reflexive.net"
"Progress"=dword:ce878f5a
"RegistrationCode"="xxxxx-xxxx-0000-0000-0000-xxxx-xx"

there has to be something other then that where each OS is reading them or inputting different info. For when I tried to import the adjusted reg file it still give me the error that it cannot import this file.

Did you make sure that you had a blank line at the end of your file?

Also if you were to just replace the first line, which I suspect you did, that wouldn't necessarily mean the file you now have isn't unicode. I think you would need to copy the text into notepad and make sure that when saving the file you are using ANSI encoding.