Has anyone figured out a good firefox Method?

mrclasik

I have come up with a way, but need someone to test it.. Once you have a model that you would like to deploy this will automate the process of making a self extractor for the fire fox app, including all the extensions settings and themes that you want. This method will also create each users profile automatically. I have been using this method for about 3 months now, and just decide to post it... You can download it Fire Fox Deployer

If you can test it let me know how it goes. Just read the README Let me know if you have any questions....

Once it has created the selfextractor, you can add it to your unattended CD by placing it in you SVCPACK folder and editing the svcpack.ini This has worked perfectly for me. And not only can you add it to your CD, it also serves as an backup and repair utility. And if you have FireFox installed on serveral PC's on your network, as you add extensions and themes, you can push those updates to those other PC's easily via Logon scripts or just running the Self Extractor

Chuck Clasik

well, there's a thread (that you can check at my sig) entiraly dedicated to it, about 50 pages :)

at my post i explain how you can create your custom setup on just a few steps. for me and for many many people is the easiest way to do it, just depends on your taste.

btw, that tool was working only for english users (dunno now) :}

I have found a flaw with this process. I am having trouble copying the contents of the user's profile. I have tried everthing xcopy and beyond to copy the profile. The profile folder name has some random string followed by .default. So it would look like 7waerdx.default. To copy the contents of the folder I am trying to use a wildcard. for instance xcopy ///*.defualt. This does not work.. I am trying to fix this. Any thoughts?

Clasik