Strange issue when repairing

I'm experimenting a strange behavior when repairing an unattended install. That is, when I install my XP SP2 with all hotfixes integrated (via svcpack.inf), everything was OK, but if I try to repair the installation by using the 'R - Repair installation' on Windows text-mode setup, all the installed hotfixes disappear from Add or Remove Programs, but they are still installed (Windows Update tells me no updates are available). Is this normal? When repairing an installation, the svcpack.inf is NOT processed?

Thanks for your advices :)

Edited by ponghy

Normally after a repair, you need to reinstall all hotfixes. The fixed files have been replaced by what is on the CD. If your CD has all the hotfixes integrated, however, you got the correct files back during the repair. But, the repair option does not know this and removed the hotfixes from Add/Remove thinking that you will have to reinstall them.

For me, when use my uxpcd hotfixes dosn't appear in Add/Remove too (normal install ...) , I use switchs : /passive /norestart /quiet ....

I don't know why, but it's not a problem for me ...

Thanks for your replies.

Like I said above, the hotfixes remain installed, after repairing the installation (and Windows Update tells me no updates are available).

I will assume this is "by design" (typical phrase from Microsoft).

Regards.