Please help an id***

coleburg

Im very sorry about this, I have searched and searched but to be honest i am an id*** and dont understand what im trying to do here.

Please, could you find it in your heart for give me 5 mins of your time on MSN, I think im almost there but just need a little help.

Thanks to anyone that can help

:blushing:

my msn is coleburg76@hotmail.com

Edited by coleburg

Welcome,

Your trying and haven't given up, which is a good start.

Have you looked here? http://unattended.msfn.org

it is very useful and helpful and you'll find most peole started of by going through this.

THough, not exactly sure what your specific problem with Applicaion Installs is, so can you explain in english clearly what your problem is.

OiOldman

many thanks for the reply and yes I have read it but I still cant get it right, I have added the hotfixes but only because thats very simple.

Basically I want to add something like Nero to the XP disc but it doesnt seem to give an idiots explination of how to do it.

I have made a folder called $OEM$ and made a couple folders inside but dont know where to put the actual software.

I didnt want to fill this forum up with my silly questions which is why I used my msn.

thanks

Have you really searched (not just using the search engine)?

Do you have any previous experience with a command line?

As for Nero, vcBlackBox made a program that will create a silent installer for you, which makes the installation from a UACD much easier. It's right here in this section of the forums.

There is no real "idiots" explanation to this stuff. Read the guide. If you get confused about something, read it again, but slower and out loud.

If you've got questions regarding a specific topic in the guide, quote it (and provide a link) and ask your question.

You're probably not going to get someone to walk you through the steps of creating a UACD with applications and all, but you will get help with specific problems that you might have - unless they've been brought up by others before, in which case you should have seen them if you searched.

I also suggest you read the rules of the forum so your next post will hopefully better adhere to them. There's a link at the top of the page.

Also, the unattended guide is in the middle of an overhaul at this point in time. Once that's completed, I think there will be more information on how to do things. That being said, start with the Beginning Users section of the current guide. Work your way through it so that you really understand the gist of what's going on (100% understanding isn't needed - even I'm not at that level :P). Applications are under the Intermediate section, meaning you should have a fairly decent grasp of how unattended CDs work before you get into things like that.

Above all, calling yourself an id*** or a n00b isn't going to get you anywhere. If you've got the desire to learn, you possess the ability to do so. Take it slow. Be deliberate. Have some confidence :). We all had to start at the beginning - if we can do it, so can you!

many thanks for the reply and yes I have read it but I still cant get it right, I have added the hotfixes but only because thats very simple.

Basically I want to add something like Nero to the XP disc but it doesnt seem to give an idiots explination of how to do it.

I have made a folder called $OEM$ and made a couple folders inside but dont know where to put the actual software.

I didnt want to fill this forum up with my silly questions which is why I used my msn.

thanks

for a easy way to do nero use ncab its pretty much cut and dry and fool proof, no way you could mess up

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=44603

many thanks for the replies, i will go through all again and hopefully sort it.

If not, I will post the questions then.

Thanks

I havent had any experiance with command line but will try.

One more thing, I have just tried the link for the ncab but I wasnt able to get the file, could a working link to the software be posted please.

Edited by coleburg