ERD Commander 2005

KamiQuazi

erd commander 2005 is based on win2003 system files but you can build it on a xp system. the program brings it's own needed files. (if space is an issue on a cd/dvd you can even use mostly xp files instead of 2003 via manual replacement)

You don't need to include the 2003 Server on the CD to get ERD Commander to work. You forgot some file it was looking for to recognize the disc. ERD COmmander brings ALL needed files with it when it creates the original image. So copying 2003 from another disc is NOT NECCESARY.

In the guide to Multi-boot DVD/CDs by: flyakite19, i followed every step and it still required the files, the only difference between the dvd he made and the one i made there was no Server and ERD Commander asked for that copy... after i included it in the DVD it worked fine... but before that it wouldn't boot at all.

Alanoll have you updated the PDF version of the site? I downloaded the PDF version since i am on a DUN connection. And if you didn't that is where the problem might lay. I'll retry to make a multi-boot w/o server 2003.

< The last time the PDF Versions were last updated on 3/28/2004 >

:no:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I just read your posts here and i'm actually have the problem that i ERD05 and 2003 server on the cd and it still won't work. I already changed the path in the txtsetup to the path of the 2k3 server installation folder but it still needs the cd.

What did i wrong or what can i should i do?

Thanks for helping

Here i took a screenshot.

so if someone can help me.

I didn't do anything beside the guide so why is it still happening?

wait....so you mean to tell me you have ALL the neccesary IDENT files from the original disc? I'm referring to ALL the files starting with WIN51. These should be copied to the root of your multiboot disc.

i had the same problem with erd 2005 and xp64. the folders interfere. eg there were some references to '\amd64' in txtsetup from erd. removing xp64 from the cd resolved the prob. so i guess one of your windows versions on the cd has a standard folder name and erd tries to load those instead of its own files.

i also tried editing txtsetup from erd but with no sucess. if you make it, let me know ;)

regards