Sub list on RunOnceEx

I am planning to install some programs using the RunOnceEx install method, and you seem to have a lot of info on it, so I am asking here. I hope I am posting in the right forum. :unsure: Can I have something like a sub list like this:

Program:

> Program

> Program

> Program

Program2:

> Program2

> Program2

> Program3

This is just for the GUI, so it looks a little cleaner. For example, I will have a section for Codecs, another for MS programs like MSN Messener, MS antispy, etc and graphics programs. I hope I explained myself clearly B)

You could theoretically prefix the subitems with a " > ", but it sort of defeats the purpose of splitting it up that way...

You can use other software, like XPlode, WIHU, WPI or WAIT - check the "Member contributed forums", or do a search for details on any of them.

You can add all the stuff under each Section but it won't show like you're asking.

RunOnceEx is limited and theres just no messing with it, I've tried. I'd suggest trying another of the programs like WPI or either my program. Give it a shot, can't hurt and as i have figured out RunOnceEx basically is for the bird's and theres so many MORE options out there.

There is a different way to go about it...and thats to spawn runonce multiple times.

In your batch file basically fill the runonce reg entry will all the programs you wish to do for a section, then call "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" to execute that section. Then simply repopulate the runonce entry again, followed again with the above call...rinse and repeat, as needed.

The end result is seeing runonce execute with say a list of CD\DVD apps...and installing them...then runonce will disappear and a new runonce will appear but this time say with Data Recovery software, so on and so forth.

It doesn't give you sub menu's...but it does greatly clean up the look of things.

Hi,

you could do sth like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Essentials'" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\7z420.exe -y /q /r:n" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\install\agentran.exe /sp- /verysilent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "%CDROM%\install\DaemonTools347.msi /qn /REBOOT=Suppress" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 4 /D "%CDROM%\install\putty-0.58.exe /sp- /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 5 /D "%CDROM%\install\spybotsd14.exe /verysilent" /f

But you will only see "Essentials" while these are installed not the individual progs

Senax

It doesn't give you sub menu's...but it does greatly clean up the look of things.

Runoncex as I said is limited, and any of the other's, I think I'll stick to this

http://maxxpsoft.com/forums/index.php?act=...ype=post&id=106

Let me edit this:

Runonceex is limited, any all all app's you will find here rely on using the runoncex.cmds also. They are only a mirror to what it's calling. They just do it differently and may add a Graphical User Interface to it. (GUI)

dang I done went techno babble

Anyway's, if you're limited and want or need more space and need something else then take a look around, you'll be surprised at what you willl find on MSFN

Edited by maxXPsoft

MOONLIGHT SONATA -

Here you go...should be right...kind of rusty with batch scripts...autoit man my self...hehe hence I use AutoIt to do this exact same thing. ;)

CMDOW @ /HID

@ECHO OFF

SET TAGFILE=\WIN51

FOR %%i IN (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" set CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Group 1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE  /D "Application 1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group1\App1.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE  /D "Application 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group1\App2.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE  /D "Application 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group1\App3.exe /silent" /f

START /WAIT rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Group 2" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group2\App1.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group2\App2.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group2\App3.exe /silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Group 3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group3\App1.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group3\App2.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\Group3\App3.exe /silent" /f

EXIT

maxXPsoft -

This is fine for those that don't want to get to deep with thier unattended CD\DVD while cleaning up RunOnce....yes your application is far more polished...but its probably much more involved than whats shown above as well.

For the hobbiest & general power user...I'd have to recommend the above method...for the hardcore\admin\techs...I'd then recommend your app or WPI or Xplode or the like.

Edited by Nologic

A long time ago I tried every imaginable way to get runoncex to even Tile, I'd been happy with that back then because after say 15-18 app's it scroll's off screen. Not Good at all

Nologic code will prevent that from happening.

This is fine for those that don't want to get to deep with thier unattended CD\DVD while cleaning up RunOnce....yes your application is far more polished...but its probably much more involved than whats shown above as well.

Not really, thats the beauty of mine. Its as simple as it gets, It even does the runoncex.cmd completely including splitting it in 2 pieces when you exceed say 15 app's if you prefer that method.

A bit far for mine cause last was 60 applications for my Tests.

But as you said, it will do all the advanced stuff also cause you can edit each file along the way as I open them in my "Dos Looking Editor"