I can NOT change my bootscreen!

how are you trying to change the bootscreen to add it to your install..

are you calling it from a batch to replace the original ?

are you hacking the original,, then modifypeing it then recabing it ?

id say the best way to use gosh's method of calling out to it and replacing it...

i believe if you just try to hack the bootscreen and replace it in the i386 folder it will just get replaced again with the default

Lost Soul:

Most of what you posted "is Greek to me".

I did not try to hack the bootscreen; I *did* put it in the i386...

Dahi:

Much coolness with the link!

Lots of good stuff there: I shall have to get the tea on and have a good long look at it all.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

:)

I hope you aren't being ~snippy~, Alanoll: that is NOT what I expect from the users of this forum.

But since you seem to be so adept at searches, how about pointing me in the right direction to remove the "HOME EDITION" window/box that appears in the middle of the image of the bootscreen that I finally was able to install? (That text does not appear in Preview Mode.)

I'll assume you're using the SP1 kernel, as the SP2 version and up doesn't contain that moniker in the file at all. The SP2 version and up should only display "Windows XP".

Now back to SP1...

In the "Make" dialogue, under the ID number that corresponds with the IMAGE you're referring to (i believe it's 11), put NO in the box on the left instead of YES. That should fix it. The other option is after compiling the final EXE file, open it up in a resource editor, and delete the resource (again image 11) and save it.

Don't forget to modifype the file either way you go before you test it on the CD.