Router Questions

Okay, here is my problem. I have 2 routers but only 1 network. I come out of my cable modem into a wired Linksys RT31P2 router. I have VoIP as my primary phone line so I have to use the router. The router has a 3 port switch built in. From 1 of the ports I go to a computer that I have setup in a bedroom. Out of another port I go to a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. That router controls 3 other PC's including a laptop.

The Linksys router gives out 192.168.15.xxx addresses and the D-Link gives out 192.168.0.xxx addresses. My problem is I can see the 192.168.15.xxx network from the 192.168.0.xxx network but not vise versa.

I have changed the IP of the Linksys to be a 192.168.0.xxx number and hand out a different range of IP's than the D-Link but when I do that no computer that connects to the D-Link can access the internet after that. The only way I can get the internet to work is to have the Linksys on a different IP from the D-Link.

My question is how can I set it up to be a virtually seamless home P2P network. I am not sure if I have to setup some sort to DNS that has forward and reverse lookups, for it to work, or not. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

You are correct, but the only problem is that the computers connected to the D-Link will not receive an IP from the Linksys.

I actually need to appologize because I found the answer to my problem using Google. I only skimmed it before making this post and really didn't use good search criteria the first time.

What I had to do was make my DI-524 into a bridge. I had to remove the cable from WAN port and connect it to a LAN port. Disable DHCP on the DI-524, Then, just statically assign an IP in the range that the Linksys router was giving out. From there it became a bridge and all of the computers connected to it could get an IP from the Linksys.

Sorry for the premature post but maybe someone will learn from my experiences.

:P