BIOS configuring problem for home made computer

tiusic

I just bought all the parts for a new computer and built it, but configuring it has been hell :realmad: ! (I kinda know what I'm doing but I'm no expert). My motherboard has the right plugs for a SATA HDD but the freakn' BIOS isn't sensing it! I've updated it from F2 to F6 without any success. (My 6 yr old DVD drive is being sensed but instead of showing it's name it's showing random characters, and the 6yr old CDR/W drive isn't sensing at all). I've found many BIOS versions on the net that appear to have the features to solve this problem but I don't know if BIOS is motherboard specific or not. HELP! :wacko:

Are you ABOLUTELY SURE you got the right bios???????????

Not trying to be funny, but for eg. my board........GA 7VT600, has 2 revisions, and my old Asus had 3 revs. So I had to triple check I had the right board.

Your problem sounds as if you have the incorrect bios revision for your board.

oldwolf

Yea, I went to the Gigabyte homepage and got the most recent version i could for my motherboard. I'm sure I got the right one, I checked after reading your post. My board is a GA-K8VM800M. I also tried technical support from Gigabyte and I'm still waiting for a reply. :whistle:. Thanx for your help. I'm from near Melbourne too!

Edited by tiusic