Whos Getting A Geforce Fx?

FthrJACK

im rebuilding and selling my pentium 3 rig... sigh no network for me after that :)

BUT.. it will pay for a Geforce Fx, ill still need to upgrade my mobo to a newer one (newer MSI model im thinking) so i can use 8x AGP.

anyone else?

Probably be about £250 GBP or $399 USD

too much for me m8.. im going to buy a Radeon 9500 128MB and do the solder job so it runs as a Radeon 9700 and maybe even some overclocking since im buying a nice cooler with it.. I know the geforce FX is probably gonna 0wn the Radeon 9700, but heck.. I'll still be running some nice hardware.. and I'm sure ATi will come back with some card more powerfull then the Geforce FX.. I've also tought about waiting.. but I'd have a big chance of ATi having some plans on re-designing the 9500 so it won't be able to get hacked and the card is already pretty **** cheap (round $150)..heh, you should get a router man.

Yep, I will be getting one of those buggers.

I already have a buyer lined up for my G4 so that will pay a bit towards it, I will probably get a new mobo for the AGPX8 too, but i'm not in a desperate rush to change that just yet.

i might buy one but im not certain yet bet they will be alot more than £250 until around march though.

if i do decide to buy one i will wait for the ultra version of it i dont wanna buy a gf fx to find out there doing a higher clocked version with a better memory controller a few weeks later.

when are they going on the market?

coz i'm currently working over the holidays to buy my own computer (using parents K6-2 500 atm).

it's gonna be a beast. xp 2100+, 512 ddr, etc.

also gonna get a GF4 Ti..

i'm expecting to start ordering parts early feb.

and upon the release of the GF FX, the lower models (GF4 etc) will drop in price.

so.. hopefully it hits the shops soon..