MSI Repackager

Shabbaranks

Hi Guys,

we have recently decided to move away from Zen Snapshots and repackage the applications for use with GPO's. I was wondering if anyone has any information as to the best and easiet to use application for this - repackaging MSI's as there are loads out there all of which I have tested seem to be a bit useless.

Any information is appreciated - thanks in advance...

1) Please do not cross post your questions as it only serves to confuse the membership.

2) Check out www.appdeploy.com. It covers the various installers, including 4-5 free ones, and application packages that have already been created.

3) The two most popular commercial products are: Installshield from Macrovision and WISE installer from Wise solutions.

If you search the web there may even be utilities that will convert your ZEN .AOT files to .MSI's.

Good luck.

• 10 months later...

I wish you guys would learn the difference between "Freeware" and "Demoware". WinINSTALL LE is NOT free!!! It's a demo unless you PAY for it. It is limited to 15 days of operation AND it installs a 15 day time limit on any packages you create. That's fine if all you are doing is testing stuff, but it's no good if you only do this kind of stuff every once-in-a-while, like me. There aren't many apps that don't come with a .msi, it's just those few that have to be downloaded fron the NET that need to be repackaged. But seriously, learn the difference! If I'm wrong on this, send me the link to the FREE WinINSTALL LE.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

But excellent thread resurrection, I have been looking for Wininstall LE 2003 for ages as my original copy died a death a while back and they removed it from their website.

Thanks for sharing.