Where Is The 'registry' Located

LS_Dragons

OK - so I have something screwed up in my system AGAIN. I believe it has to do with installing Microsoft Money 2003. It loads a system tray applet at start up - and I think that is causing the problem - only new thing installed. System will boot to the password screen - then just freezes. The command to run that applet is not in the StartUp folder - so must be in the registry. How can I edit the registry if I cannot boot all the way to Windows XP. I can boot to XP (multi boot system) and all the drives are accessible. Any ideas?

LS_Dragons

• 2 weeks later...

If what califdc suggested does not work you can also boot into safe mode before Windows starts. Once in Sfae mode remove Money like califdc suggested or uninstall it completely and reboot back into Windows like normal. Do the Win Sys Restore and attempt to re-install money, this time using the custom installation and define the startup sequence.

Both good suggestion - but won't work (re-read my post). If I could get to safe mode - or anything else in the install, I know what to do. I CANNOT BOOT into that installation of WinXP. I can boot to another install on same system, but that is not the one I want - it is virgin with no applications installed. What I wanted to do was boot to WinXP #2 and edit the registry of WinXP #1 (both installed as dual boot on same computer.)

LS_Dragons