Unable to boot

nujackk

I am having a problem, I have been unable to boot into safe mode with xpize installed.

It wasn't too big of a deal, as I didn't really have to. But now I have changed video cards, and the problem has become a biggg one.

It seems that xpize will not show the password dialog and allow me to boot in 256 color mode. :realmad:

And windows won't load the new driver until I log in.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I can think of is recovery console but not sure what needs to be replaced to get it to boot?

Please help using someone else computer to post.

Ok problem solved, but I will explain furthur.

Using Xpize 3.1 on xp pro sp2 (Included not Slipstreamed)

Prior to Saturday, when I would try to boot to safe mode, all I would get is blue xpize screen. Nothing else. no login screen etc. I assumed this had something to due with the fact that safe mode reverts to 256 color 8 bit or lower ( never really paid enough attention). Meant to get around to reporting as a bug.

But to day upgraded my video card. And this became a bigger problem, as windows reverts to 256 or less until the new drivers are installed, ( which doesn't happen until after login)

So all I could get was the blue screen ( and not the BSOD)

After trying to replace the shell32.dll and msgina.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe. At my wits end.

gave one last try before giving up and probably having to wait until Tuesday and reload system. Turns out the Login screen is there just unseen. I hit tab enter until the "did you forget your password bubble popped up. Then just entered password enter ( Still just a blue screen ) and then system finished booting.

Needless to say uninstalled the logon patch from Xpize.

Edited by nujackk

• 2 weeks later...