How come my RunOnceEx.cmd file isn't working?

OK,OK,OK

I think i understand your problem....

When your command "delete favorites" runs there is no admin folder yet. but your code will work if your time it correctly...

You have to wait until after your desktop profile is created.

If you change the code to delete the default user "favorites" then no account with get those folders, it is all up :whistle: to you......

OK,OK,OK

I think i understand your problem....

When your command "delete favorites" runs there is no admin folder yet.  but your code will work if your time it correctly...

You have to wait until after your desktop profile is created. 

If you change the code to delete the default user "favorites" then no account with get those folders, it is all up :whistle:  to you......

I just want to get rid of the folders within the favourites tab. I don't like my favourites in the folder and I prefer it to jus be under the tab. What do I need to modify?

I think you also need to add this to your cmd file too

;Remove Links Folder From Internet Explorer
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" /v LinksFolderName /d "" /f

If I'm not mistaken, it may be that the set50.exe file which runs at the end after RunOnceEx.cmd is through and creates the IE, OE, and WMP icons in the current user Start menu, may also create the standard links and folders for Favorites.

To address that without making any other structural changes to the default user, you could do one of two different things. Kill the process of setup50.exe as soon as it starts or just delete the thing from the Outlook Express folder in Program files. If you do that as your last command in Cleanup.cmd and don't give a long time for reboot (20 sec is enough or even less), the file doesn't have enough time to regenerate (it is a protected file that is automatically replaced by Windows File Protection), and the icons and folders don't get created.

A better solution is to create a small command file to delete the links you don't want and add the command to run it RunOnce (I think this is HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce). That way it will run when you reboot and you won't even see it and your folders will be gone! :o) Any new users add after that, of course, will have the standard default folders.