Driverpack infrared released

gilesw

IMHO this seems more appropriate for inclusion with the DP Chipset.  If I'm not mistaken, the ALi infrared controller is in there.

Problem with devices like this is that you also have external versions of them...

It would be a HELL of a job to seperate the internal (OnBoard) models from the external ones :(

the "MR740S USB-IrDA Driver" is 100% superfluous besause windows xp sp2 has native support for that hardwareID(USB\VID_066F&PID_4200)

The "VIA3058"(VIA Fast Infrared Controller) would be supported by xp sp2, but the

"VIA3076"(VIA Fast Infrared Controller on some notebook mainboard?) is new to windows xp, so it is usfull.

Edited by htc

the "MR740S USB-IrDA Driver" is 100% superfluous besause windows xp sp2 has native support for that hardwareID(USB\VID_066F&PID_4200)

But is it the same version? if so then yes it's useless, but if this one is newer then it should stay...

yes i thought it would be good to add to chipset... i've come accross the via one quite a lot, as for the other one i just did a search for irda on driverguide to see what it turned up.

g.

But is it the same version? if so then yes it's useless, but if this one is newer then it should stay...

Two very important things:

1) your driver dose not have a WHQL-signature, windows xp only allow the newer, but WHQL-driver to replace/overwrite its own drivers(mostly already with WHQL).

2) your driver dated dec. 2000, windows xp sp2 dated aug. 2004 - witch is newer????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????