Help with shutdown menu

drj0927

So I've modded my XP system with every visual hack out there... Only one thing remains... When you click "Start" -> "Turn Off Computer", the shutdown dialogue comes up with the options for standby, shutdown, or restart. Nothing that I have done thus far changes the style of that dialogue. It always has that "Microsoft" look and feel. I have searched the entire internet, or so it would seem, and have come up with nothing. Does anyone out there know where to find this "menu" and change it?

grafx1 you have complety misunderstood the question..drj0927 asks which file contains that bitmap he wants to change...You should PM XPero (Author of XPize)

may be, but with the previous pack any one may change the shut down screen

in a fast and simple way.. :unsure:

Thanks so much guys... I found that file, and the one for the logoff dialogue(shell32.dll) They can be altered pretty easily using ResHacker, I just didn't know where to find the files. Don't know what I would have done without you. Thanks again.

Also, just for everyone's info.

In msgina.dll, the bitmap resource ID's that need to be changed are 20140 through 20150.

In shell32.dll, they are 14351 through 14356.

Those are for SP2. I assume they would be different for other versions.

Using ResHacker is the easiest way to go. You can export the bitmaps, change them, and then import them back into the file. Just like changing logon and boot screens.