Bin/Cue files?

Rick

Okay..it has been a long time since I have burned a bin cue. I remember using Fireburner so I got that and tried to open Madden2002...I use winrar to open to get to the cue file but what happens is I get a whole bunch of bad crc errors when decompressing. Got it from Chris and he said that he has given this to several people and all have installed with no probs. I have had this prob with several progs lately. Any suggestions?

Rick:eek:

You shouldn't open Winrar then open the cue file. You should have a pack of all your rars (.rar .r00 .r01 and so on) all in one directory. Simply right click on your rar file and select "Extract to name_of_file/"

The rars will extract, and a new folder will appear, with your bin/cue in it.

Then burn the bin/cue with Nero/Fireburner/CDRWin

It is best to open it from .rar not .r01 or .r00 ... once open, I would recommend you click "test" to see if there are any errors present in your archive.

Also, for people that distribute files, Id recommend you use QuickSFV, which comes in very useful :)

The only thing I ever did was

1. Right click, extract here

2. Usually rar0 or rar1...samething right click extract here...this is where your bin/cue will be

3. If you have fireburner which is so easy just double click on the cue (might be the bin) and it will start up....If you want me extract the iso I will.

-Xperties

Rick... you have probably deleted lots of WinXP downloads thinking that they are bad.... but they're not! If one of the rars get corrupted, then re-download that rar, don't download the whole thing again!