Problem after installing Windows themes

gui_m

Hello!

I recently installed Style XP and another pack (Universal Pack) that changes the appearance of XP (I think it contained that ObjectDock that makes your desktop different, like a Macintosh). I then uninstalled them both and windows boots very strangely.

When it boots, the computer loads up completely well but the desktop is completely missing. All I can see a blue background and the mouse (which moves fine). I can second click the mouse and click on properties but nothing appears. I can even open winamp through a shortcut key and listen to music but I still can't see anything on the screen. Funnily enough, when I shut down, the desktop appears for a couple of second before windows switches off.

Now i've tried booting in safe mode and using 'the last recent configuration that worked' but both give me the same problem. I've lost my XP CD so i can not 'repair'. What should I do? (I know i'll never play around with themes again)

hit CTRL SHIFT ESC and then go to File...New Task...type desk.cpl and put everything back to the default and then apply.

If this does not fix it then end task on explorer.exe and then use new task to run it again...

if this still doesn't work...then use new task to run appwiz.cpl and uninstall StyleXP and objectdock and then restart.

If this doesn't work then you may be stuck using Boooogy's method