Dual Boot longhorn

mikeroq

Ok, i just downloaded longhorn build 5048. I want to know how i would dual boot with my windows xp home laptop, with out reformatting, since i dont have a dvd burner i cant burn to a dvd to install on my desktop. can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

also be aware ... when you install windows CD longhorn and dual boot windows Server 2003 / XP after toying with longhorn and installin some programs commom both to windows Server/XP and longhorn somehow, and i still don't know why the registry from Server/xp will become confused and sometime launch havoc with programs on the Server/XP partition and vice versa.

also be aware ... when you install windows CD longhorn and dual boot windows Server 2003 / XP after toying with longhorn and installin some programs commom both to windows Server/XP and longhorn somehow, and i still don't know why the registry from Server/xp will become confused and sometime launch havoc with programs on the Server/XP partition and vice versa.

whoa I didnt understand any of that^ :lol:

Ok .. lets use a simple example ...

Imagine you have Counter-strike installed on windows server or XP, the key is stored in the registry in Windows.

After you dual boot to longhorn, if you install or run counter-strike it will work on xp and the key will be stored in longhorn's registry.

After this if you switch back to Windows Server or xp, if you try to run counter-strike you will see that the registry information for it wil be reset somehow, thus making you install counter-strike in Windows Server or Xp.

also ... if you boot back to longhorn the same thing will happen and you will have to add the registry keys again or re-install.

This happens also to ACDSEE, and other programs ...

Hope I made clearer ...

Greetz

Bomn