[HELP]XP PRO

shaneosborne

I have Windows XP PRO installation disc but today it has been damaged whilst completing a clean install.

I have a coporate version with no PRODUCT KEY. Is there anyway I can copy the contents of the Coporate Edition Install CD and change it to except my own XP PRO OEM Product Key?

My Product key was associated with the XP PRO OEM which included SP1a.

I have tried many ways of trying to complete this task with no luck, like changing the SETUPP.ini located on the coporate disk but every time I try to complete a clean install it states Invalid Product Key.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Unable to Install the OEM Version as it has been shattered into small pieces, seems whilst installing my computer decided to eject the CDrom then close it which caused the disc to jam and shatter!! I don't think microsoft will replace it either as it is OEM and they usually tell you to contact the supplier who provided me with the software, I cant return it to my supplier as they have been bankrupt for over 12 months now.

Seems like I'm stuck unless I can get a copy of XP Pro SP 1a OEM from somewhere and then use my geniune key.

Thanks for the help anyway, if anyone can help in supplying me with a copy (not a licence key) then please contact me.

• 2 months later...
My Product key was associated with the XP PRO OEM which included SP1a.

Please help and thanks in advance.

I take a 7 in 1 cd with XP Home/Pro/Corp/MCE , 2000, and 98 (which I googled to find for downloading) on it when I go to visit customers site as some seem to never know what flavour of windows they are running. I select the appropriate version and then enter their code in. I have done this on Dell, Gateway, HP, Compaq, Emachine, and custom builtcomputers and without too much difficulty aside from some driver issues once the basic install was done. Also can be used to do recovery or resetting admin passwords when all seem to be locked out of loggin onto their accounts. Hope that can help you

If you changed the pid value in the setupp.ini, did you also change the key in the the winnt.sif? Use the right type of key with the right pid and you should be fine. - Well except for any oem drivers that would have been on your oem CD. You could always add that stuff - see the unattended forums.