Hi all.

I want to silently install grabit 1.52b,i am using this switch

Echo Installing GrabIT v1.52b

echo Please wait / Een ogenblik geduld

echo.

%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\GrabIT\GrabIt152b.exe /verysilent

taskkill /F /IM iexplore.exe

exit

but the internet explorer does start and i must close it manually.

Please help

Regards

Hi all.

I want to silently install grabit 1.52b,i am using this switch

Echo Installing GrabIT v1.52b
echo Please wait / Een ogenblik geduld
echo.
%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\GrabIT\GrabIt152b.exe /verysilent
taskkill /F /IM iexplore.exe
exit

but the internet explorer does start and i must close it manually.

Please help

Regards

Use START /WAIT. Like this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Apps\GrabIT\GrabIt152b.exe /verysilent

Please use CODE tags next time!

• 2 years later...

Does anybody else have an alternate solution to install GrabIt Silently? Internet Explorer is not neccessarily the default Web Browser on all systems, therefore, you cannot always kill 'iexplore'. What if the user is legitimately browsing while the install takes place (I am using WPI)...

Any other suggestions welcome!

Does anybody else have an alternate solution to install GrabIt Silently? Internet Explorer is not neccessarily the default Web Browser on all systems, therefore, you cannot always kill 'iexplore'. What if the user is legitimately browsing while the install takes place (I am using WPI)...

Here are a couple of suggestions :-

1. Create a sfx of the Grabit dir, you can delete the articles and temp folders, export the Grabit info from the registry and import the reg file using the sfx.

2. Edit the Grabit original Inno setup and delete both entries under the InstallRun section

3. Create your own Inno setup that does what #1 does.

Here are a couple of suggestions :-

1. Create a sfx of the Grabit dir, you can delete the articles and temp folders, export the Grabit info from the registry and import the reg file using the sfx.

2. Edit the Grabit original Inno setup and delete both entries under the InstallRun section

3. Create your own Inno setup that does what #1 does.

I like #2. What can I use to edit the original Inno Setup?

I like #2. What can I use to edit the original Inno Setup?

Inno Unpacker to extract the setup and ISTool to rebuild it. ISTool also needs Inno Setup to compile the script. It isn't often that a new Grabit is released so if you are unsure how to use the tools is would be easier to create a sfx with WinRAR and add a command to run after extraction to import the reg file.

Some people can't be assed spending the time to learn stuff but there are a lot of setups that use Inno and you can always create your own to repack different installers. The installers do not always repack straight away as sometimes the script may need altering.

I have attached the one I use for Grabit, it adds the files from the Grabit dir and registry info so you don't need to do a full update on every install, it should be just how you left it.

Grabit.iss