Unattended + Nlite

In which order should i follow the Unattended cd/dvd guide if im using nlite..

I want to add most of nlites configs + some of my own. So do i do whats in the guide then run nlite to make the final cd?

I suggest creating the Unattended disc, then testing. Then recreate using nLite. Just DON'T make the final ISO untill after you've made the final changes (adding the $OEM$ folder and such).

This maybe more time consuming, but if you do it all at once you may get a bug and be unable to find it's cause.

So, if i understood you correctly I will create two different Isos.

One with nlite one with Unattended Guide if the one with unattended works then i will import the winnt.sif and commandlines.txt and the $oem$ folder to the iso nlite created? And that should work?

Is it not possible to create all that stuff, put it in the xpcd folder and run nlite and allow nlite to put thema ll together or will it just skip over the files?

You're coming form teh assumption that you want everything done as fast as possible.

I'm coming from the assumption that SOMETHING will go wrong, and it's easier to diagnose one error whether it's caused by user error or by nLite removing something that you didn't know.

im still quite confused on how i should go about doing this. I've Setup everything in the Unattended GUide

That being

1 -Creating Local Source

2 -Slipstreaming Office 2003 With hotfix n updates

3 -Adding my own documents and themes.

Now how should i go about using Nlite to add the stuff i missed for example the hotfixes for windows XP 2sp, the reg tweaks, adding the users etc.

Note the above ISO is not yet created.

My only question is how to use Nlite to copy the contents of $OEM$ into the original winXpcd so that it will work.

latest of nLite does NOT support copying a folder over into the Windows source.

If you continue down this route and you have everything working properly, ALL you have to do to "combine" the $OEM$ structure witht he structure nLite creates, is once you reach the screen to make the ISO, don't press the button. Manually copy over your $OEM$ and other needed files, then press the Make ISO button.

ok, so if i got this right (prays he did) i set up the $OEM$ folder and when all is done with nlite before clickin on make iso i add the oem folder to the xpcd directory and click make iso?

Last thing.. the winnt.sif will not need any fooling around with correct? Even though i will be adding unattended installs of software and reg tweaks etc.

Last thing.. the winnt.sif will not need any fooling around with correct? Even though i will be adding unattended installs of software and reg tweaks etc.

You'll have to check that out yourself. I don't know if nLite preconfigures WINNT.SIF with the OEMPreInstall=YES entry or not. If during your test you find that your fiels aren't copied over, that's the problem, so just fix the file (use Notepad) and remake the ISO (just select the ISO button from nLite's main screen so you don't redo the entire process)

Good luck with it man.

Ive been trying to to this for a long time now, I and keep getting different erros all the time.

What I can recommend u to to do is (tested for me and it worked)

Do n0t remove any Hardware Support or drivers ...!

That just doesnt work for me cause I remove praticly all the drivers from windows and just add BTS DP.

Good luck with it man!

EDIT:

Im doing another UA CD right now ... Removed almost all the drivers and it worked. So, I guess my problem was with the hardware support. Just dont touch that for ur CD to work.

Cya ;)