Windows98SE Unattended

McGregor

I don't beleive its possible. The reason for this is simple: WIN98 was a home OS. In the home enviornment, there is absolutely no reason to need to install an OS unattendedly (in the minds of the MS people anyways).

XP and 2000 (NT???) are more along the lines of buisness operating systems, and therefore will need to be rolled out on dozens, perhaps even hundreds (or more) computers, all with different hardware. For this an unattended option is needed (or the poor saps who install the OS's would be very stressed and overworked).

I have looked for 98 unattended options, and I don't think they exist. If you manage to find one, please post it, many of us would be interested.

Silent installing programs can be done just as easily on a 98 installation, but it'll have to be installed after 98 is.

Also, I beleive that for MSI files you need the msiexec, which does not come standard with 98.

@Mc Gregor

Welcome on the board.

Please use the SEARCH function of the board before posting the nth request for the same info.

Read this:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=45910

and ALL linked elder posts.

@tjhart85

1) It is perfectly possible, though using different means than WINNT.SIF

2)

The reason for this is simple: WIN98 was a home OS. In the home enviornment, there is absolutely no reason to need to install an OS unattendedly (in the minds of the MS people anyways).

Actually the tool to (basically) make an MSBATCH.INF is on the Win98 CD, (and it was even on the Windows 95 one), so IT WAS in the minds of the MS people.

Could I suggest you to look for some backing before posting?

And again, searching on the board would have helped.

jaclaz