Skip usercreation

robgeerts

hi there!

Is there a way in WIHU to automatically select the box "Use currently logged on user" when I start WIHU and to make it this way that you can't deselect it? And is there a way to skip the second screen (user account creating and edditing) from WIHU?

I'm using an install.ini and I start WIHU through cmdlines.txt

[EDIT: I solved my problem to automatically select the box: currentuser=1]

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to use WIHU now too, especially for the easy user creation and PC/workgroup name. And for some optional software I sometimes want to install.

Do have a question, I would like to set the "My documents" folder to D:\%ThisUser% as default in the install.ini. So I don't have to set this for every user I create... but how do I do that? I tried the following (adding 'Personal'):

[Users]

; Home = %Personal%
; default = 1
; fullname = New WIHU user default full name
; Personal = D:\%ThisUser%

It doesn't do the trick...

Home = %Personal%

is ok, but either you should specifiy personal.x = d:\%ThisUser% or you should initialize "Personal" in [environment] section like personal = d:\%ThisUser%

[environment]
personal = d:\%ThisUser%

[users]

Home = %Personal%
FullName = WIHU Test User

user.0 = test
user.1 = test2

Benjamin Kalytta

Alright thanks it works! (adding Personal to [Environment]).

I did it like this to make sure My pictures and My music is also correctly set:

wmp.dll.version = %SystemRoot%\System32\wmp.dll?version
Personal = D:\%ThisUser%
My Pictures = D:\%ThisUser%\Mijn afbeeldingen
My Music = D:\Music
My Video = D:\Videos

I don't want a personal folder for Music (like "MY music"), nor for video.

Do want one for Pictures, and I am using Dutch winXP so My pictures is translated to Dutch. And it works perfectly!

but what is wmp.dll.version for? I removed WMP+codecs with Nlite... like explained here: http://ksphere.free.fr/site/codecspackage.php so I still have WM streams support... would it be save to remove this line?

And also, is it possible to have the checkbox for "give Admin rights" always enabled?

I tried adding group = 1 to [Environment] or group.x = 1 to [users] but it doesn't enable the checkbox..

sorry for going offtopic and asking so much questions but I don't want to create a new topic for this question.

wmp.dll.version = %SystemRoot%\System32\wmp.dll?version

Above is only an example code how to read out the version of wmp.dll. The version value in form of "1.2.3.4" is than stored in environment variable wmp.dll.version. Just delete it.

Because "Group" isn't an environment specific thing, you have to add Group = 1 into [users] section, whereby Group.x = 1 only add admin rights to the user with index "x".

Benjamin Kalytta

thanks!

Finished my WIHU now, also put it in my autorun.exe (with the proper switches) so people can select optional software if they forgot to select it at the end of the uA setup.

just ooone more small question:

At the selection window, on the right there is a warning: no information available for this item.

Is it possible to get the descriptions for the items in that place? instead the descriptions are now below each item, and it is even possible to select it... while it is just a description.