Install Chinese and English unattended?

When setting up the winnt.sif for an unattended install, I set it up to install English (Canada). How do I set it up so that it'll install the East Asian languages like Mandarin and English (Canada)? Thanks!

The part from my winnt.sif for an example:

[RegionalSettings]    InputLocale=0409:00000409,0419:00000419,0804:e00e0804

LanguageGroup=5,10,1,9

SystemLocale=00000419

UserLocale=00000419

InputLocale means I can write in tree langages: English, Russian and Chinese Simplified.

There are 4 languages in system: english US (default), Russian, Chinese simplified and Chinese traditional (the last one just in case ;)

SystemLocale and UserLocale are set for Russian (dates, numbers, language in installed programs).

You have to find out the codes for Canadian English and replace Russian with it.

Regards,

Oleg 2

• 3 weeks later...
You have to specify the locale ID for the specific IME, not just "Mandarin".

If you include the correct Language and Language Group for CJK languages in winnt.sif Setup will also install Files for East Asian Languages.

Language Group

9 = Trad Chi

10 = Simp. Chi

See my list:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=288617

I looked at your list for Chinese simplified and Chinese Traditional and I'm extremely confused. How do I know which Chinese input method to use? Thanks!

Depends on what kind of Chinese you speak: if you use Putonghua you definitely know about PinYin so choose 0804:E00E0804 ChS Microsoft PinYin - it let you type Chinese characters by PinYin. But if you do it for a Chinese friend ask him first because it appears that Chinese don't know good PinYin and use some other input like WuBiZiXing.

Or just don't worry because when you install one Chinese Input the others will install also and you can choose any from Control Panel-Keyboard-Input Locales.

Regards,

Oleg 2

I ve got a question, maybe its offtopic I dont know,

I deleted the language directory from my UA cd and removed all the language support from nLite,

Is it possible to install Chinese unattended again? (from winnt.sif?)

2forza

Well, you deleted the source: fonts and etc. You can specify installing language support but you'll need thise files or it won't install.

Regards,

Oleg 2

I looked at your list for Chinese simplified and Chinese Traditional and I'm extremely confused. How do I know which Chinese input method to use? Thanks!

First, decide if you need to use Simplified Chinese (as used in PRC) or Traditional Chinese (as used in Taiwan, HongKong etc.), or both.

The locale ID combos that begin with 0404 all use Trad. Chi, whereas those beginning with 0804 Simplified Chi.

Next, decide on the IME. IME is just a method of inputting the same written language; people have different preferences on what they like. Most users of Trad Chinese, for example, know ChengJie or Phonetic IME. Normally a user only uses one or two IMEs.

...when you install one Chinese Input the others will install also and you can choose any from Control Panel-Keyboard-Input Locales.

That's not quite true. You need to install a specific IME in Regional Languages when you need it. If you install any one CJK language (Chi/Jap/Korean) in uA, Setup will automatically install Files for E Asian Languages.

...when you install one Chinese Input the others will install also and you can choose any from Control Panel-Keyboard-Input Locales.

That's not quite true. You need to install a specific IME in Regional Languages when you need it. If you install any one CJK language (Chi/Jap/Korean) in uA, Setup will automatically install Files for E Asian Languages.

Not true what? That's what I meant: if specifyng ANY Chinese Input method in Reginal Languages in winnt.sif (even only ONE will do!) and setup will install files for ALL Chinese Input methods. Just choose what you need in Control panel and add which you want later if don't know which suits you best before installation. And of course there should be LANG folder and CHS adn CHT (for Simplifyed and Traditional) in the source folder (I delete other subfolders in LANG as I don't use and don't install those languages just to save space).

Regards,

Oleg 2