Ms Antispyware

TheeBeets

My autoit script installs silently and fixes the 101 error, but to each his own. Good luck with the MSI because as edusnow said, it will give the 101 error unless you're install it OVER a previous installation. big difference.

My autoit script installs silently and fixes the 101 error, but to each his own. Good luck with the MSI because as edusnow said, it will give the 101 error unless you're install it OVER a previous installation. big difference.

You say put reg file in $OEM$/$$ and run it from cmdlines as

REGEDIT /s MenuOrder.reg

But i heard that we must put this files in $OEM$ folde near the cmdlines!!

I have a lot regs in $OEM$ folder (which need to execute AFTER first logon)

like this

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
"useraccounts.cmd"
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"
"REGEDIT /S ACDsee.reg"
"REGEDIT /s menuorder.reg"

Here the question: Can i make some folder in $OEM$ (like REGS) and put all regs (include menuorder.reg) in it. My cmdlines STILL work after that and apply regs from folder REGS? And how to write a command in cmdlines to REGS folder?

Help please !

EDIT: Or maybe you have better way to apply REGs (with keys, settings) which need to by applyed AFTER first logon?

It would be GREAT!

Edited by fanatf1

Thx had a look at the other topic and download the script and well test out in Ms Virt Mach, Cheers

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Microsoft AntiSpyware" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MSAS\MSASInstall.exe /S /v/qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Progra~1\Micros~1\gcasDtServ.exe /regserver" /f

Put that in your RunOnceEx.cmd file

Jason

I don't tend to quote myself, but this, my friend, works perfectly for me *every* time. I have the absolute newest, truest, bluest version of MSAS and the same setup that worked 6 months ago works fine today.

Jason

I don't tend to quote myself, but this, my friend, works perfectly for me *every* time. I have the absolute newest, truest, bluest version of MSAS and the same setup that worked 6 months ago works fine today.

Jason

This will work, unless somebody have folders named "Microsoft blah-blah etc." in "Program Files" already (i.e some other Microsoft products installed).

In that case "Progra~1\Micros~1" will point to some other place, and this installation will fail... with error 101.

/offtopic on

Is anybody experimented with MsAS command line switches?

I have found -LaunchMode N (where N is a number), as well as known switches -scan -withui -withreultui,

but but I haven't figured out -schedule yet.

/offtopic off

Edited by tbma

Jason

This will work, unless somebody have folders named "Microsoft blah-blah etc." in "Program Files" already (i.e some other Microsoft products installed).

In that case "Progra~1\Micros~1" will point to some other place, and this installation will fail... with error 101.

/offtopic on

Is anybody experimented with MsAS command line switches?

I have found -LaunchMode N (where N is a number), as well as known switches -scan -withui -withreultui,

but but I haven't figured out -schedule yet.

/offtopic off

If they have other stuff with the name Microsoft, they will have 8.3 names sequentially in alphabetical order. Even with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Antispyware installed, antispyware will *still* be micros~1, unless Microsoft Activesync is installed first.

In any case, resolution is simple: Install MS Antispyware BEFORE you install those other apps. Setting the install to kick off earlier in the RunOnceEx.cmd is a 30 second job.

Jason

In any case, resolution is simple: Install MS Antispyware BEFORE you install those other apps. Setting the install to kick off earlier in the RunOnceEx.cmd is a 30 second job.

Jason

It creates short name every time it creates a file, not dynamically. So they will be named in order of creation.

On my machine for example:

MICROS~3    Microsoft ActiveSync

MICROS~4    Microsoft AntiSpyware

MICROS~1    microsoft frontpage

MICROS~2    Microsoft Office

How about even simplier resolution? Just use long names? DOS is officially dead at least 5 years now ;)

• 4 weeks later...

well I am getting to the back to this topic a little late but I am glad it worked for you! you can find out more about autoit by downloading it here:

www.autoitscript.com

All I did was read the help file. Did the tutorials in it and it kind of took off from there. I've been using it since March......

good luck

RunWait ( "msiexec /qn /i setup.msi" )

Sleep ( 5000 )

Run ( @ProgramFilesDir & "\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe /regserver" )

FileDelete ( @DesktopCommonDir & "\Microsoft AntiSpyware.lnk" )

That's an AuotIT script that does it all for you...just like it was previously mentioned. You have to have the .msi already extracted. What this does is install the program, wait five seconds, runs the necessary command to fix the stupid error with a silent install, and then deletes the icon on the desktop. After I reboot it autoruns and works fine.