Pro Retail vs Pro OEM vs Pro Corp

Ctwizzy

The difference is mainly in activation. The Retail (boxed) version requires activation, the corporate (the actual name is Volume License), intended for usage by corporations with 100s and 1000s of PCs (hence the name), doesn't. As for the OEM version, the licensing terms and the activation requirements vary from OEM reseller to OEM reseller. Most pre-activate Windows installations distributed with their computers, while others require the user to activate manually. Also, some OEM installations may be customized to display company logos and additional contact and support information.

This, however, has no impact on creating unattended installations of Windows. The procedure is the same for all versions.

When booting from the cd some versions have different repair options. Everything else other then activation is the same. Coed are different to.

If you plan on using Nlite to tweak then yes there are some differences but those differences are luck of the draw, I myself would say to always try to get Retail as OEM have quite a few hidden problems in them when you use nlite, mainly files missing from the DRIVER.CAB file but then again it is still luck of the draw, many people on this board and quite a few of my friends that i recommended nlite to, use OEM cd's to nlite and a small number of those people using OEM cd's including myself have a whole hoarde of problems when tweaking an install. if your just going to purchase it for an install and no major tweaking then OEM would be best as it is usually cheaper,... just my .02cents

~D~