Winamp multiuser extension

eben

we all heard of limited accounts.

winamp devs however probably never heard of limited accounts :P thus never implemented such support.

however, this little extension (download here) will do the job just fine. i already automated everything needed for install through a .cmd file (e.g. the easy stuff), but need to set registry settings. author included such a file however it prompts for confirmation and overwriting or something.

can someone please make it install silently, without any prompts? i could try for myself but it would take way too long to even come close*. please have a look at it and help us all out since i consider this to be important for all winamp users.

thanks & godspeed

edit: no one cares about this?

*i'm just too lazy to learn it, would take way too long anyway

setacl.rar

lol :D

WinampUser

Just run it after winamp has installed.. Everything else goes by itself. Haven't really tested it yet, so I'll just wait for feedback. :P

Ik sukkelen met de klote-ntfs gedoe. Een pint als ge mij tegenkomt. ^^

edit= installer merged into main WAmulti program, and basically included in Winamp itself nowadays

Edited by Nanaki

works great... tested it with limited account, also enabled guest account. it all works just fine.

one question however: this doesn't work for people who have their program files folder set to something else, rite?

ps: pint ak u tegekom k // edit: +1=2 :D

Updated now.

WinampUser 0.2

- Some adjustments to SETACL.bat, removed useless code

- Now gets Winamp-installation folder from registry

- Now determines if Filesystem is NTFS or not

There, the two flaws have been resolved. :) It now also works on FAT and with any Winamp-installation.

Download here.

Edited by Nanaki

WinampUser 0.3

- Added option parameter for defining installation folder. Nothing is installed when Winamp is not detected and when the folder does not contain winamp.exe

Just use the path as a parameter (EDIT2=normally this is NOT needed! Just run the file, the path will be detect automatically):

winampuser C:\Apps\Musik\Winamp

winampuser C:\Program Files\Winamp

winampuser %ProgramFiles%\Winamp

I guess this is the latest bugfix. :P

EDIT: or not. :)

WinampUser 0.4

- "backslashcheck" to increase number of detected winamp installations (you try formulating changes)

Now it should work, also without any parameter. The MSI putted a backslash at the end of the path, these are now filtered out.

Download here.

Edited by Nanaki

Found the bug :) we were looking in the wrong direction...

2) Make a complete copy of the Winamp directory. For example, copy the whole

"C:\Program Files\Winamp" directory to "C:\Program Files\Winamp Reference". The

reference directory MUST NOT be a subdirectory of the original Winamp directory. Other

than that, you can place it wherever you want. 

d'oh, oh well, command line switch iss useful too for some :D up to version 0.4 i guess. i suggest the %commonfiles% dir (or something like it).

hehe, better luck this time

btw: wot you doing inside, it's friggin hot in the outer world B)