TimeTable

Hi,

I would like to create a TimeTable for employees working schedule.

Which programming tool it recommended to use?

How should I create the interface to be user friendly?

Which programming tool it recommended to use?
The question is very vague, but I find Visual FoxPro the easiest tool to use to create desktop database apps.
How should I create the interface to be user friendly?

There are many books on this topic. too much to go into on this forum. But as a rule a good starting point is to ask your users to sketch what they think the interface should look like, then evaluate their ideas. Even if they suck it makes people feel like part of the process and are less resistant to change when it is implemented.

There are many books on this topic. too much to go into on this forum. But as a rule a good starting point is to ask your users to sketch what they think the interface should look like, then evaluate their ideas. Even if they suck it makes people feel like part of the process and are less resistant to change when it is implemented.

the problem is, I'm very new to interface creation...

& I don't realy know where to start the DB...

Interface design is more art than science. Like I said, solicit opinions from end users. They often have ideas on what interface should be like. You just need to consider what you are trying to accomplish. What information gets presented on screen, what controls to display them in, these are subjective things with no correct answer. It will be an iterative process of test and refine.

if I tag the users, I could call them 'technophobes'...

but if i'll show them something ready they will tell their opinion...

but the problem is this system has more exception than I could explain...

(mostly visual)

Well, start with the basic display then add your exceptions. sometimes this involves enabling/disabling or hiding/unhiding controls according to current conditions. If it really has more exceptions than you can explain you are in trouble. You need to be able to explain it, both to yourself and others.

Well, start with the basic display then add your exceptions. sometimes this involves enabling/disabling or hiding/unhiding controls according to current conditions. If it really has more exceptions than you can explain you are in trouble. You need to be able to explain it, both to yourself and others.

the problem is not en/disabling or un/hiding controls. it's more about resizing them, to fit each emploee's shifts...

but you're right, I

ll start & see where it goes...