help needed!

arrynev

:( Hi all, i'm running XP home on an ASROCK Mobo with an Athlon XP 2.400 CPU and 1024 RAM,

and when i turned on today the fans start (5 fans) but nothing else happens, the screen will not even light up and there are no sounds coming from any of the Hard drives. i have tried it with another H/D but it is the same. nothing at all goes exept the fans, and there is no usual beep as you get at startup. oh yes i have my screen working on another computer st this moment. Any ideas?

:(    Hi all, i'm running XP home on an ASROCK Mobo with an Athlon XP 2.400 CPU and 1024 RAM,

and when i turned on today the fans start (5 fans) but nothing else happens, the screen will not even light up and there are no sounds coming from any of the Hard drives. i have tried it with another H/D but it is the same. nothing at all goes exept the fans, and there is no usual beep as you get at startup. oh yes i have my screen working on another computer st this moment. Any ideas?

See if your HDD are being recognized in the BIOS. Some power supplies have fuses inside their case. Check if the voltage levels are OK coming out of the powere supply. It maybe your power supply went pooooooof. :hello:

OK, so are you saying that the problem is still there after changing the PS???

If so, you might be running into a problem that i just wnet through...

I had a crazy notion to update my BIOS... little did i know that it erased just fine, but didn't verify (and didn't work again). I had to order a replacement BIOS chip ($25) got in, and it worked...

Hope this helps :blink: