question about spamming?

PaCiNoLiFe

I am pretty new to the board although I have indeed read the rules. I really like this forum and do not want to overstep the boundaries. I saw a link on the bottom of one the members replies browsing through the forum one day and It made me curious so I clicked on it. This is the site it directed me too below. I needed printers ink anyway so I signed up and completed one of the offers to recieve a free 20GB iPod. I had nothing to lose because the printers ink was dirt cheap compared to other places. Was this considered spamming because I was not sent the link and was not oblicated to click the link and complete an offer. Let me know what you think. Thanks

freeipods

No that is not spamming. If its from a sig. Thats not spammnig. Spamming is more like, if its your first or second post and someone posts a link to there site and asking everything to join. Then that would be considered spamming.

But the process you went through doesnt seem to approach the rule of spamming.

Its an advertisement.  I think this should be added to the rules.

Maybe xper can tell us more about it...

It always is your choice whether to click the link or not. The message describes the contents from within the site. This is a simple choice. To do or not to do. If you do at least you were not mislead and it was helpful in my case because I saved money on printers ink. Matrix thanks for letting me know the real deal.