Login screen bitmap transparancy

Maelstorm

Does the login screen support transparencies? It seems that according to CorelDRAW, BMP files don't support alpha-channel transparencies. GIF files do, so I'm wondering if I can use a GIF file in place of a BMP file for the Logo Picture.

• 3 weeks later...

The best way to do it is to save it as 32-bit PNG.

Then open it in MS Paint and immediately save it as a 24-bit BMP. But it will actually save it as a 32-bit BMP. You can check this in the file properties. I've done this and it works fine (for making Visual Styles).

The transparency in BMP32 appears black when you view it in most programs.

• 2 months later...

The logon screen does support transparencys.

BUT you cannot change the ile format.

heres what you do

examples

transparent background

background: argb(0,0,0,0)

transparent images

background: rcbmp(126,6,X,0,0,1,0)

X is the #RRBBGG code (must have the #)

Scripting is hard. - remember you can make

Background: rgb (x,x,x) to

Background: argb(x,x,x,x)

Background: rcbmp(x,x,x,0,0,1,0)

and visa-versa

I have successfully comleted the best looking most pro looking bug free logonui.

Themed to the Royale (Energy Blue) VS.

Energy Blue logonui

Windows automatically view Maganeta as transparent, this includes bitmaps and pngs, gifs to.

Howwever in the logonui script, you need to specify what color is transparent, most defualts r magenta.

You have to understand the script in order to have a proper working good looking and non buggy logonui.exe

Your better off not changing the file formats. It does mess up the logonui.

to be concrete, on a 256 colors bitmap, pink (255,0,255) will be used as the mask (aka transparent color) if first and last pixels of the image are of that color. i.e. a 256 colors 300x300 image with pixels 1,1 and 300,300 of the same pink color (255,0,255) will be totally transparent.

over the logonui you'll also need to point which color is transparent on the uitext, by default already mentioned pink.

btw, with that method you won't be able to use translucent areas. to achieve this, is necessary a 32bits image with an alpha channel. for this you can use PS, PSP, the gimp or other advanced graphical tool :)

hope this to be enough clear as i've seen the forum filled with similar questions ;)

• 1 year later...