various file icons problem

Thauzar

Hi

I don't know if another thread speak of this problem because I could not find a way to translate it simply in the search engine.

Starting a couple of days ago, I started to have some hanging while accessing My Computer. It stoped responding while all other folders could be accessed.

Then, I noticed in my E: drive that the icons, in thumbnail mode only, would not show the names under the files. In every other mode we could see it but not thumbnail. It stayed the same after rebooting and for 2-3 days. Strangely, just right now, it came back to normal (?!?!) but now, it's E:\eDonkey that has the problem. All the files in e:\edonkey now don't show the file name under the thumbnail, but only in thumbnail mode and not in any other view style. And at the same time, My computer still displays the drive icons in mosaic style, but like a simple folder, while before it used to separate the drives, from the cd roms, and the webcams and the mass storage devices.

WTF is going on?????? And how to set those options back the way they were?

Oh yeah and BTW when My Computer stops responding,even after explorer resets and all, it still stops responding again until I reboot. But when I shutdown my computer it hangs at Now closing windows...

Thanks alot

Hey seriously I'd like a reply!

Fixing My Computer was easy cause I had the option in the contextual menu to group the icons back together, even though I did not set them to be ungrouped in any way. But I can't find any way to show the file name under the thumbnails icons in e:\edonkey, and only in this folder since this problem shifted from e: to e:\edonkey and I seriously don't know how it changed folder and how to set this back to normal. I already checked in the folder option and did not see anything.

**** it, last time my computer hang out, the naming problem switched back to E: but still is in e:\edonkey too. Again, when My Computer is idle, every other folder can be accessed normally. I just don't know what's the link between that and the fact it changes the display of the names of icons in thumbnail view.

Please someone! Tell me what's wrong?

It's not a virus, that I can say. For the rest, if somebody would tell me how to set back the folder options as they were it would be nice. I am thinking about reinstalling norton disk doctor to check if everything else is ok. Except doind this and formating, I'd like to have some other options to set it back as it was.

:) I just signed up for an MSFN account today. I thought I just had to post what I knew here, even if it wasn't the solution. Did this fix the other problem you mentioned? (I didn't understand it very well)