Dual Display

Jay_Stealth

i've just recently got a new tft monitor and im also using a crt monitor. i've set xp up so that the windows desktop is on both but im just wondering how i could get a dual display wallpaper to stretch acrosss both screens?My card is an ATI Radeon 9800 pro

What up Jay. was also wondering if that was possible. I have the exact same video card as you. ust to make sure we are on the same page, you want one wallpaper to stretch on both monitors VS the wallpapper to be on each one?

http://www.xperties.net/gallery/main.php/v...%20003.jpg.html

You DON'T want it to look like the attached picture, right?

post-12-1113425804_thumb.jpg

Hey how you doing xperties?ltns!

Yeah your on the same page as me, was reading this before http://forum.3dpixelnet.com/showthread.php?p=94457#post94457 and also tried the ultramon software (http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/download.asp) but that didnt seem to install properly. Apparently Nview allows you to stretch the res of the primary monitor, im just downloading some new catalyst drivers so ill see.

yeah i know, one of the posts on 3dpixel was a bit wierd about nview allowing you to stretch the primary display though still, i've yet to reboot to see what these new drivers are like. Otherwise i'll have to have a look again tommorow, i'll let you know

Hmm, chris i got it working!!!

Downloaded the new catalyst drivers from ati (dunno if your 9800 pro is an ati) then for some reason i dunno i think i might of downloaded a different version of Ultramon but it worked. download it here then go find a wallpaper from here and then you can end up with a desktop like this :)

dual-display-woo-thumb.jpg

The drivers, were they the wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-121-050322a-022141c?

I have those which were listed on MSFN forntpage as the newest ones so I'll give that package and try and then check that app out.

yeah they were the drivers, if you right click on the taskbar on your right monitor you can have it show tasks just in that monitor. So if i open say my computer and it comes up in the left monitor it will be on the taskbar on the left screen. If i drag that across monitors it will jump to the other taskbar. Or you can have it so that it just extends the taskbar and all applications run across, saves grouping i suppose but i prefer each monitor to have its own taskbar. The only thing i could really groan about now is the fact that if i have my taskbar slightly transparent using stylexp it doesnt effect the extended taskbar.

I was messing about with screensavers too. I wanted to use the 3d text screensaver ion my left monitor with 3dwindows xp on the right but ran a bit slow, guess it wouldnt if it was the xt but hey, so now i have the 3d text bouncing across both screens quite cool.

Also if you notice next to minimise/maximise/close you have a few more buttons. These will either send an application to the other monitor and back again or extend it across both desktops. I was having some fun with this when i was running photoshop fullscreen creating a superwide wallpaper lol!

I spose all thats left to say now is that our desktops will be the top in the monthly screens topic lol!

Cool I got the task on the left monitor. I tell you with as much work on servers and graphics this extra work space comes in real handy. The only thing I now have to get use to is those extra buttons. And when I right click to close a window from my taskbar the close has moved up so I hit "maximize to desktop"...Drives me nuts.

They have a bunch of nice wallpaper but a lot of scenes of natural crap. I'll have to look around for some sleeker stuff.