Unlimited number of drivers + keeping the drivers.

schalti

DOH You guys wanted to 'hide' the DriverPacks folder from the end-user. So far this is only possible with M2. (And of course only enabled when using KtD)

That's why I changed the default folder for M2+KtD from %SystemDrive%\D to %SystemRoot%\BtS_DriverPacks\D. But now you're talking about the control panels, I realize that the CPL batch file will have to be updated as well! DOH

I'll set it to the old default folder for now.

Hey,

Well, I can see there are both Pro's and Cons. for both Methods. I will see how the results turn out on this and see if it is worth all the extra work to integrate it. Like I said, simplicity is ALWAYS the best course of action. The More Complicated, the problems can arise. :(

But I must say everyone is doing some VERY fine work!

I Commend all of you for all the hard work! :thumbup

Hey There,

I would do the Traditional Mass Storage Method. It works great and it is not a big deal for space. I am not familiar with that driver, but I know Bashrat forgot to include the SI3112 SATA-Link and SI3114 SATA-Link drivers. He had the RAID but not the regular ones. I made the addition for my DVD. :thumbup

I know you dont NEED the drivers for OS install but it leaves the Drivers outstanding after. This way ALL drivers are installed during detection. B)

Next...

Ok, Do we actually have a WORKING Method here yet? I havn't started experimenting with it yet. Anyone with Success or is the method still in it's development stages? :unsure:

@X-Savior

Yes, the way it is used now, and the way it is implanted in Bashrat's pack works fine.

I tested it on my WLAN card, and two onboard devices and it worked great (all installed without a window popping-up) :thumbup

@Bashrat

Interesting. Wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not. No Big Deal.

@Erik

Great. Well, if I get some time I might start experimenting with it. I like the idea. Is it more difficult to setup and organize or is it Straight-Forward? I havn't been following too closely on the method. :blushing:

It seems several users of my DriverPacks have reported that, when SetupCopyOEMInf.exe is doing its job, alot of annoying 'not WHQL signed warnings' pop up. I found a way to easily circumvent this:

START %DPDIR%\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe
START /WAIT %DPDIR%\SetupCopyOEMInf.exe %DPDIR%
TASKKILL /F /IM WatchDriverSigninPolicy.exe

That is: using WatchDriverSigninPolicy.exe to get rid of them! (Thanks again, Pyron :) )

This method works :thumbup

Here's the AutoIt script I use at detached programs stage:

Winnt.sif

[GuiUnattended]
   DetachedProgram=autoit3.exe
   Arguments="%systemroot%\System32\presetup.au3"

PreSetup.au3

$CD = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
For $I=1 to Number($CD[0])
   $pa = $CD[$I] & "\win51ip.SP2"
     If FileExists($pa) Then
           $instDrv=$CD[$I]
     Endif
Next
ProcessSetPriority ( "setup.exe", 0)
Run(@SystemDir & "\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe")
ProcessWait("WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe")
RunWait(@SystemDir & "\SetupCopyOEMInf.exe " & $instDrv & "\Drivers")
ProcessClose("WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe")
ProcessSetPriority ( "setup.exe", 2)
FileDelete(@SystemDir & "\presetup.au3")
FileDelete(@SystemDir & "\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe")
FileDelete(@SystemDir & "\SetupCopyOEMInf.exe")

It's also compatible with the Driver Compressor Tool.

Interesting, didn't think that it would work at that stage :)

But unfortunately unusable for my DriverPacks - they would not yet be extracted at that stage... unless you use method 2 or method 1.

May I ask on how many drivers (the number of .inf files) you're applying this? And how many megabytes?

Currently I'm in testing phase. Approximately 10 drivers will be installed. (Around 15 MB compressed). However I thought everybody was using this method prior setup (using the fake setup launcher) or during detached program period. On what time do you run the SetupCopyOEMInf.exe tool?