Make AutoIT Parse Written information

Marthax

Hi Everyone!

I've been working a lot with AutoIT lately and recently I experimented with the "InputBox" command. It worked but, when I enter something in the box that pops up, I want it to be parsed so that it can be used by the rest of the script later on. For example, I did an UA installation using AutoIT for ZipGenius that would pop up an input box when you were supposed to enter the installation directory but, I can't seem to make the script parse the directory that i enter so that it uses this to input it as the installation folder. I've come this far:

Run ("zg551std.exe")

WinWaitActive("Select Setup Language")
Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Setup - ZipGenius", "This will install ZipGenius")
Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Setup - ZipGenius", "Please read the following important information before continuing")
ControlClick("", "Please read the following important information before continuing", "TRadioButton1")
Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Setup", "License Clause Explicit Confirmation")
Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Setup - ZipGenius", "Select Destination Location")
$answer = InputBox("Install Destination", "Enter A Install Destination for ZipGenius", "C:\Program\ZipGenius 5")
Send("$answer")

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :)

Marthax

oh, Thanks :)

One more question. Do you guys know how to do if I have a installation that demands more than 1 cd and I wanna get rid of the cd switching? For example, I extracted Command & Conquer : Generals to my harddisk so that I can use it with my Ua installation but, what will happen when the installation asks for the second disk? How do I solve this?

You should google how to turn a multi cd game into one dvd. I've done it before but don't have the exact guide. I did it for Doom 3 and it involved using Orca and editing some files. Not simple but not hard.

I already created (a very simple) AutoIt script for generals:

You can download it here

As long as you copy all file to the harddrive setup won't ask for the second CD.

If you however install from the CD, setup will ask for it.

For the last one there is also a solution:

Check-out this topic (and the link that I posted)

Good luck!

Yes, as long as you first copy the Generals folder to your harddrive, and than run the script (which should be inside the Generals folder) it should work. If you run it from A CD, generals will ask for CD 2. In that case you can try my second method. (which I use now, because I install from a second harddrive and I have plenty of space. Now I don't even need CD's enymore because I both install, and play games from ISO files)