Removing Something In The Start Menu

Frysdisken

I'm not sure if it will be the same in Swedish language, but the English version would be this in a reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoRecentDocsMenu"=dword:00000001

Tho i tried adding that value by myself i think i might have succeded with your idea Yzöwl, the Documents folder isnt there anymore and that line you posted should it remove the Documents folder or just the refreshing files inside that submenu?

There are various values in the registry policy key, all can be set from Group Policy:

NoRecentDocsMenu ==> removes the link to the Recent Documents folder in the Start Menu but does not remove the contents or stop them filling;

NoRecentDocsHistory ===> stops the contents of Recent Documents folder from storing

ClearRecentDocsOnExit ===> clears the contents of Recent Documents folder when you shut down Windows

NoInstrumentation ===> stops Windows from tracking your file usage in all the applications

So it depends on your requirements. (value of 1= policy enabled)

Actually, if you remove the [√] in Start Menu properties, Start Menu, Customize, Advanced:

[ ] List my most recently opened documents, it has the same effect as NoRecentDocsMenu.