Changing Mp3 Information

Marthax

Hi Everyone!

I have a little problem. I have a lot of MP3's and now I finally decided to sort them and make sure that they have the appropriate title so that it'll be easy to find the right song when i want to. My problem is that some songs have information inside them that is not correct. For example, if I play a song in WMP it shows the title of the file and afterwards other information such as the album and sometimes, these notes are incorrect which can be quite disturbing. I know that you can do this manually by changing each song but, this can be quite annoying when you have like 300+ songs as it can consume a lot of time. Do any of you guys know a program that can fix this automatically? And by that I mean like this:

"Artist" - "Song Title"

And remove everything else so that all other information will be removed. What I want is to have the correct filename appear in WMP and nothing else. Hope I'm not being to confusing. :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Marthax

I use this one...

TagScanner is a multifunction program to organize large music collections. It can edit tags of several progressive audio formats, rename files based on the tag information, generate tag information from filenames. Also you may get album info via internet music database freedb.org. Supports ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis comments and APEv2 tags. Worksheets technology. Powerful TAG editor with batch functions and special features. Playlist maker with ability to export playlists to HTML or Excel. Built-in player.Very useful interface.

http://xdev.narod.ru/tagscan_e.htm