Suggestion For Addition

Hey all!

There's one thing I would like to see added to WPI, and was hoping for comments:

1. Section for scripts to be run BEFORE the rest of the WPI stuff

2. Section for stuff to be run AFTER everything else (i.e. first logon)

Cheers!

Hey all!

There's one thing I would like to see added to WPI, and was hoping for comments:

1. Section for scripts to be run BEFORE the rest of the WPI stuff

2. Section for stuff to be run AFTER everything else (i.e. first logon)

Cheers!

You could use a Microsoft mechanisms for that behaviour. You could start die WPI.CMD from the CMDLINES.TXT. That script is run before the last reboot of the GUI-part of the Windows installation.

Where to put the CMDLINES.TXT? Put it in the folder "I386\$OEM$" for network-based installtions and for CDROM-based installations it should be in the root, if I am not wrong (eg. \$OEM$). The first entry in that script should be "[COMMANDS]" without doublequotes. The following entries are calls to your scripts. They are executed in the security cotext "system".

You could start a script after the last reboot of the GUI-based installation of Windows, if you have defined it in the UNATTEND.TXT (or WINNT.SIF) in the section "[GUIRUNONCE]". If you add "Adminautologon=yes" and "Autologon=1" to the UNATTEND.TXT (or WINNT.SIF) your GUIRUNONCE-scripts will be run in the context of the administrator right before he logs in.

These suggestions are one of many other ways (eg. SVCPACK.INF and so on). But I am dealing with Win2k here - and so I have lesser possibilities than WinXP and W2k3 offers.