Suggestion: Malware Prevention

Tarun

Everyone knows that malware (spyware, adware, viruses, etc) plague every user out there at some time. Well, why not have a forum to have support and help people get it cleaned out of their computers?

It's not hard to do at all, but to the common user this can be a terrible plague. It'd be nice for users to have a place to seek help to get rid of that crap. To safely post their Hijack This logs and know that only a certified Msfn staff can handle it. (Msfn approved that is).

So, that's my proposal. Hooah! Hope it comes to be. If not, just point them to Lunarsoft and I'll take care of them.

Best regards,

Tarun

Man, thats sounds like a great idea. I would love to be involved with that!

Thanks! :D I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything. ;) I admit, I am learning. I do make mistakes like every other human, but I try my very best. I have one of the best pc techs in the world teaching me. If I feel unsure, I ask him. I think it would be great to work with other techs to further my education. I'm going for a degree in End User Support and I find it fun to help people clean their pc's like that.

I love the idea of working with people and I would love to be involved in that forum if it comes to be. :D

Agreed. :) i am not and expert and i am also in the learning process of being an IT Pro. I just dont have any to teach me about those things so im reading books as much as possible. And i am also learning very little about doing those types of things

But i hope this thread would be created but it would be a great add-on to the MSFN network. It would help so many of those unprotected PC's.

Hope this wish comes true!

Agreed. :) i am not and expert and i am also in the learning process of being an IT Pro. I just dont have any to teach me about those things so im reading books as much as possible. And i am also learning very little about doing those types of things

But i hope this thread would be created but it would be a great add-on to the MSFN network. It would help so many of those unprotected PC's.

Hope this wish comes true!

I'm learning about PC Hardware & Troubleshooting in one class. Qualifies me for A+ certification. :D

Well, right now im just reading books on the registry and XP Pro. Just leaning towards the MCSE slowly. But back to the normal post.

The Malware thread is a real good idea. I would really participate in that and help out as much as i can. Because i know alot of people have that virus and spyware problem.

Well, right now im just reading books on the registry and XP Pro. Just leaning towards the MCSE slowly. But back to the normal post.

The Malware thread is a real good idea. I would really participate in that and help out as much as i can. Because i know alot of people have that virus and spyware problem.

If you like, refer them to Lunarsoft. I offer a comprehensive (free) package and more.

I like it. Good idea Tarun. I am former programmer, now starting my own IT service/consulting company. So far about 75% of my customers have been people needing their system douched of malware. I can usually get them straightened out with a combo of tools and hand weeding, but sometimes have a problem that just wont budge, like this one...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=42373&hl=

It would be great if we had a forum to help each other out and share ideas on this all-too-common plague.

BTW, your link to lunarsoft doesn't appear to work... Would like to see what you got!

I like it. Good idea Tarun. I am former programmer, now starting my own IT service/consulting company. So far about 75% of my customers have been people needing their system douched of malware. I can usually get them straightened out with a combo of tools and hand weeding, but sometimes have a problem that just wont budge, like this one...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=42373&hl=

It would be great if we had a forum to help each other out and share ideas on this all-too-common plague.

BTW, your link to lunarsoft doesn't appear to work... Would like to see what you got!

Right now the site is currently migrating to a new server. Had to happen over the weekend, eh? Heh. :D

Ahh the joys of C++...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg

Bjarne Stroustrup

I've taken two courses in C++ and one course in C so far. Once you've learned how programming works in general, most of the skills are transferrable to other languages. All you need to learn is the syntax. I was able to pick up on Fortran77 easily enough with my knowledge of C++... man is Fortran horrible (in comparison).

But to get back on topic, I also think a Malware section would be benficial to members. It would help get some of the posts away from the WindowsXP thread and let people know a little more specifically what they're going to help out with.