Noob Question About Where To Place Applications

bisabuelo

am I correct in stating that everything in the $OEM$ folder is automatically copied to %systemdrive%\install? If so, do I just put all my application install files in that folder and then point the runonceex.cmd to that location? Also, where does one get .msi files for installing some applications like I see in many example .cmd files. Thanks.

Nikhil

am I correct in stating that everything in the $OEM$ folder is automatically copied to %systemdrive%\install? If so, do I just put all my application install files in that folder and then point the runonceex.cmd to that location? Also, where does one get .msi files for installing some applications like I see in many example .cmd files. Thanks.

Nikhil

those .msi files wer repackaged .. dats automatically copied but it doesnt mean u just have to put any applications & point to ur runonceex.. u hav to know the silent switch for that.. also u can DL a PDF guide .. it is really helpful..

get it here..

http://unattended.msfn.org/global/files/MSFN_UnattendPDF.exe

Nikhil

Welcome, Yes you are correct with the apps as far as the msi files mostly these need to be extracted from an .exe prior to UA installation but not always depends on the App as Slimzsky has said a very good starting point is the guide & keenly recomend you read over & test your creation then post if you have any trouble,there is much to consider though. Good luck.

All looks ok,your AVG app has that been repackaged?? because it will not run UA without switches? If you haven't do a quick search for avg7 all the info there. The only other thing I'd suggest is to put all your apps in sub directorys eg Install\Adobereader\setup.exe just cleans it up a little & makes it easy to find.