Some Small Wpi Problems

Hey all!

First of all - great app, and very easy to use :)

Now, I'm having two problems with WPI. Both are related.

1. When installing apps through WPI I cannot kill screens with pskill like I used to. Specifically this relates to at least two programs which I had working fine with a batch script. I don't see any reason running both a cmd and WPI, so I'd rather move everything in here. The tasks I would like to kill are xpspro.exe/xpsmoker.exe (both start after installing the app), and a readme.txt opened in notepad. Killing both works fine after windows is installed, so there must be something during installation. I know for a fact that pskill works and is in the path.

2. I would very much like to see a debug script that will let me see running processes and try different approaches *REAL TIME*. Reinstalling the whole VM just to tweak one installation sucks, and getting a prompt asking for a command line to execute would be soooooo much nicer.

Any takes? Pri one is #1, #2 is merely a suggestion or a cry for help from someone who has made something like this already :)

Cheers!

Cheers!

The main things I would like to do is:

----------------

start /wait %cdrom%\Install\XPsmoker\xpspro.exe /VERYSILENT

start /wait pskill xpsmoker.exe

---------------

and

----------------

start /wait setup_scxpv2.2.61.Exe /S

start /wait pskill notepad.exe

---------------

If you help me with these two, and I'd appreciate it if you had an example doing even more, I should be able to figure out the rest for myself.

BTW: Do you know what the process name of the process showing txt files during install is ? It doesn't seem to be notepad...

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=command.exe

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

include cmdow in the winrar file with xpspro.exe and a cmd file with the following:

@ECHO OFF

REM Hide this command window.

cmdow.exe @ /hid

start /wait xpspro.exe /VERYSILENT

start /wait pskill xpsmoker.exe

exit

:end

The window would only flash for a split sec and then dissapear.

What text are you wanting to change?

There are a lot of files that show text.

Ok, thanks - that's similar to how I'm doing it at the moment :) I just don't copy too much off of the CD.

I'm not really trying to show text. One of my installers pops up a readme-file and pskill'ing notepad.exe doesn't seem to work so I figured I could try to display which processes are running in order to find out what else to kill in order to get rid of the text-file.

thank you very much!!!! I had just decided I shouldn't bother u with this, that's

why I said never mind. I don't know why those guys don't do more useful stuff

at the autoit thread??? Of course different programs of importance for each...........

thanks

BD