Drive Names

sven

i installed a program, virtual cd 6. it installed a virtual cd drive onto my computer, called g. its name was "Virtual cd/dvd drive (g) ". i uninstalled the program (didn't like it) but now im stuck with a problem setting. when i put in a removeable drive, it goes into g, and is still called "Virtual cd/dvd drive (g) ". the only drive it doesn't do it with is with my ipod. how do i put that back to the windows default setting?

any help will be appreciated

thanks

(ill get a screen shot next time i get a removable disk)

go into device manager and check your cd rom and your hard drives, if there is something called Virtual cd/dvd drive then goto properties and click disable then it won't show it after you restart,also reinstall that program and see if you can get it to not show that Virtual cd/dvd drive, then uninstall it,i had a program called alchohol 120 and it made a virtual drive but in order for it to not to show it i had to tell it to have no virtual drives,then it would not show it then you uninstall it but since you uninstalled it before unchecking that option your gonna be stuck with that device in the device manager unless you goto safe mode and remove it there.hope this helps.