Microsoft Virtual Machine

Navigator

Hello everyone,

I was just curious if there is a method on how to install MS Virtual PC into my sp2 xp cd?

If there is a method, How would I go about doing this?

What switches are involved?

any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, ps. I am new to this. :D

Full Version of VirtualPC 2004

%systemdrive%\install\applications\VIRTUALPC_2004\Setup.exe /S /v"/qn pidkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx allusers=2 organization=YOURCOMPANY installdir=c:\programme\VirtualPC2004"

won´t work in RunOnceEx because of the quotations... have been fighting with that for ages ...

for sp1

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\VIRTUALPC_2004\VPC2004SP1Update\setup.exe /s /v/qn

greetz

What about adding in the escape characters, quotee?

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/me...s/runonceex.htm

» Applications that use Quotations 

You will find that if you add additional " " quotation marks in the REG ADD entries, it won't be imported to the Windows Registry. To work around this, use a backslash \" for every quotation you intend to add, for example:

%KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "\"%systemdrive%\install\AdobeReader6\Adobe Reader 6.msi\" /qn" /f

By doing this, you can execute applications that contain spaces in the filename, or application switches that need to be enclosed in quotations.

If there is an application that has a series of complicated switches with lots of quotation marks, consider putting them into a separate .cmd file instead and launching from RunOnceEx, because it would get too messy putting those switches directly into RunOnceEx.