Sun Java Autoupdates Problem

MartinaL

Hi,

I am trying to install Sun Java JRE 1.4.2_07 and I want to turn the automatic updates off when it is installed but whenever I add the code to do this to the RunOnceEx file it doesn't install Java at all and just skips it and goes onto install the next App.

This is code that works and does install

REG ADD %KEY%\051 /VE /D "Sun Java 1.4.2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\051 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Java\j2re-1_4_2_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v/qn" /f

But when I add the code suggested by Sun Java to turn off the Auto UPdates it doesn't work. Any ideas why?? I have tried various combinations of this but none work. They are;

REG ADD %KEY%\051 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Java\j2re-1_4_2_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v/qn" JAVAUPDATE=0 /f

REG ADD %KEY%\051 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Java\j2re-1_4_2_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v/qn" "JAVAUPDATE=0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\051 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Java\j2re-1_4_2_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v" "/qn JAVAUPDATE=0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\051 /V 1 /D %systemdrive%\install\Java\j2re-1_4_2_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v "/qn JAVAUPDATE=0" /f

HELP :}

I would stick to the suggestion made by warrior1109. I assume with your methid tzhe juschd.exe (or however it is called) is still running and consuming RAM? If you remove it from the autostart its easier...